Thursday 24 November 2011

Welcome

Hello there. Thanks for stopping by.

After years of voracious reading and a keen interesting in writing I've decided to take the plunge and start taking my writing seriously.
The inspiration was ignited when I recently read a marvelous book called "Let's Get Digital: How To Self-Publish, And Why You Should" it's written by David Gaughran and it's a fascinating and informative read. I urge you to check it out here. It’s a must for those who are interested in self-publishing. I think digital self-publishing is the future for new authors with the advent of e-readers and Kindle Direct Publishing.
So, what do I like to read? I read anything I can lay my hands on, although my favourites are dystopian and horror novels. Lately I've started to develop an interest in crime novels; I think I can thank my time spent watching crime documentaries for that.
I'm currently really enjoying the latest Stephen King novel. I've been a big fan for years but was initially a little sceptical of how his latest one would turn out. The synopsis didn't exactly have me salivating. Please forgive me Mr. King, I was dead wrong. Brilliant read so far. When I've finished it I'll give a more in-depth review. You could be waiting a short while for that though I’m afraid; it's so good I'm reading it slowly to savour every page. So apologies in advance for that.
I’m excited to be starting this writing journey and making some friends while I do so. As I learn more about the craft and business of writing I will not hesitate to share my knowledge with you.  I’m a member of the Absolute Write forums. I’ve checked out a lot of writing forums and it is definitely one of the most informative and active communities I’ve come across.  There is a lot to learn there. If anyone wants to check out my posts there, I post under the username Sane Man. Yes, that is indeed a nod to the late, great stand-up comedian Bill Hicks.
Well that's all for now, if anyone has any comments or questions leave them below and I'll get back to you.
Thank you for reading everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment